First Friends on MARS

We started this project a year ago when Tolo Toys showed me they new First Friends series.
Mars theme is widely discussed and I found a lot of materials of exploration of "red planet". Besides that I'm a big fan of Space X Mars project so it was very interesting to go deeper in facts, photos and history and theory of Mars exploration to make it more real in my movies.

Written/directed/animated by Den Seleznov 
Sound design and music composing by Igor Bondarenko 










All stories begin from mail box. 




From very beginning I was thinking of this as a series, not single movie so I wrote 4 simple stories to fit them in short videos. 


I designed scene based on real photos of Mars surface. It appears closer to orange-yellow and not that red I they picture it in movies. 





Simple rig in 1 minute ;) 

Actually scientists found signs of liquid water on Mars. And First Friends too. 

Dragonframe. Indispensable. 


And finally they learned to grow food on Mars so we could shoot longer ))